On January 2021, Northeast Residence Inc. (NER) was acquired by Hammer Residences Inc. (Hammer). The two organizations are non-profit disability service providers that support individuals with developmental disabilities in group homes, apartments, and customized support services. Although you will be a Hammer employee, this position resides at Northeast Residence’s central office in White Bear Lake.
Objective: We are searching for an experienced fundraising manager with excellent leadership skills. You will be responsible for creating and implementing annual fundraising plans to meet annual goals, building good relationships with current and prospective donors, and communicating to external and internal audiences. You should be well organized, proactive and can inspire others.
Overview: The Fundraising Manager will be a part of the growing development team and will work to increase annual giving at Northeast Residence. Responsibilities include leading the work and development systems to acquire new donors, steward existing donors and reach revenue goals. The Fundraising Manager grows and sustains annual giving by planning timelines, coordinating, and implementing relevant fundraising strategies. The Fundraising Manager plays a key role in evaluating and improving the effectiveness of annual giving strategies.
Annual Fund Management and Coordination
- Advise strategic plans and target goals for the annual revenue budget.
- Create and coordinate annual fundraising campaigns with the fundraising team working to increase overall contributions from individuals, retain existing donors and acquire new donors.
- Manage and grow the (monthly) donor program.
- Prepare and send timely gift acknowledgements and other donor stewardship communications.
- Lead event activities and collaborate with the Development Team and other departments to host effective fundraising events.
- Assist in identifying organizations needs and articulate details for relevant fundraising strategies like grants, appeals, major donor plans.
- Lead gift entry processes in cooperation with the executive coordinator with accuracy.
- Utilize fundraising database, to generate mailing lists, segments, and track donor audiences, provide quarterly reports and analyze program effectiveness.
- Utilize database to create and integrate digital campaign forms and peer to peer fundraising page capability.
- Establish standards and procedures for gift entry and records, train other users and improve use and effectiveness of database.
- Prepare accurate donor lists for annual report and other marketing and donor recognition materials.
- Write and administer all gift acknowledgements.
- Communicate individually with donors in person, over the telephone and through email to create positive donor experiences and bring them closer to our mission.
- Support and steward donors contributing through employee giving programs, and third-party platforms, including acknowledging gifts and administering matching gift applications.
- Uniquely acknowledge and recognize tribute and memorial gifts.
- Engage volunteers and board members in coordinating donor stewardship activities.
Prospect Identification and Research
- Identify donors with high giving potential, research giving priorities and capacity.
- Draft prospect plans to prepare leaders for quality donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Involve agency leadership, employees, board, and community member in identifying and deepening connections with prospective donors
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, 401K, eligibility for student loan forgiveness
- Strong commitment to the organizations mission.
- 3-5 years of successful experience in nonprofit fundraising including cultivation, soliciting, and stewarding donors.
- Relationship builder and manage by influence.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to work independently and collaborate effectively.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Strong attention to detail, effective time manager, able to consistently meet deadlines.
- Take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences
- Be a problem solver, learn software functionality quickly, be flexible and develop systems that evolve with a growing team and organization.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor database technologies.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Internet applications.
- Requires a valid driver’s license, access to a personal auto and driving record that meets Hammer’s insurance requirements. Must receive a MN DHS Background study clearance.
- Pay Type Salary
- White Bear Lake, MN, USA