Assistant Program Manager (APM) (Wage increase $16/hr)!!!
Hammer Residences is seeking an Assistant Program Manager for one of our homes in the Western Suburbs. The people we serve live in Hammer’s group homes or apartment programs with the support of caring teams who provide on-going assistance, teach independent living skills, support health and personal cares, help with household tasks, and offer social and emotional support. We are looking for people to partner with the people we serve to help them live their best life. The Assistant Program Manager will be responsible for direct care shifts as well as administrative tasks that fall under one or two of the following:
- Financial – keeping track of individual’s petty cash, bank runs, assisting folks with paying bills, etc.
- Medical – keeping track of individual’s medical needs and appointment calendars, scheduling appointments, accompanying individuals to their appointments, ordering medications, ordering medical supplies, etc.
- Activities – signing individuals up for activities that they are interested in, keeping the program calendar up to date, communicating with team re: plans, etc.
- Shopping – purchasing groceries and supplies for the program.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver’s License, current vehicle insurance and a good driving record
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Pass a background check through the Department of Human Services
- Technical skills – must be comfortable and proficient in using computers and/or smart technology
- Prior leadership experience preferred as well as experience coordinating schedules
Benefits: For a comprehensive list of benefits for full-time and part-time employees please click on the link: https://hammer.org/careers-benefits/
Schedule: Flexible hours available 32-40 hours, weekend rotations.
Due to COVID-19 and recommendations from the CDC, interviews and orientation for this position may be conducted virtually until further notice. If you should need assistance with the use of the technology, please notify Hammer Residences recruitment team
About Hammer Residences
In 1923, founder Alvina Hammer, opened our doors because she believed that individuals with disabilities have the right to live in a loving home environment where they could flourish, develop independence and self-confidence. We have compassionately cared for adults and children with developmental disabilities for over 96 years. Our mission remains true to her vision: provide adults and children with developmental disabilities the opportunity to live life to its fullest. In her memory, our volunteers, board members and families advocate for legislation to ensure the health and well-being of all people with developmental disabilities. Hammer has adapted to change and changed with the times, always focused on meeting the needs of the people we serve. With support from staff, volunteers, donors, and families, the people who live in our homes, apartments, and In-home services are given the opportunity live their lives to the fullest.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.00
- Plymouth, MN, USA