Float Specialist (FS) Direct Support Professional (Wage increase $16/hr)!!!
The Float Specialist (FS) provides direct support to individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities. This position will fill as an as-needed basis to fill open shifts, either to cover when other staff call out or to cover planned time off. Float Specialist (FS) will follow the Direct Support Professional (DSP) job description in addition to the following:
- Float Specialists are full-time employees, working 40/hours per week.
- Schedules are either: pick up on Hammer Residences Shiftboard and/or are assigned by the Manager of Scheduling and Support. Scheduling needs may make it necessary to change hours on short notice. After business hours, the Director on-call may reassign the FS.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Driver’s License, current vehicle insurance and a good driving record
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Pass a background check through the Department of Human Services
- Technical skills – must comfortable and proficient in using computers and/or smart technology
- Prior experience working in group home settings, directly supporting individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities
Benefits: For a comprehensive list of benefits for full-time and part-time employees please click on the link: https://hammer.org/careers-benefits/
Due to COVID-19 and recommendations from the CDC, interviews and orientation for this position may be conducted virtually until further notice. If you should need assistance with the use of the technology, please notify Hammer Residences recruitment team
About Hammer Residences
In 1923, founder Alvina Hammer, opened our doors because she believed that individuals with disabilities have the right to live in a loving home environment where they could flourish, develop independence and self-confidence. We have compassionately cared for adults and children with developmental disabilities for over 96 years. Our mission remains true to her vision: provide adults and children with developmental disabilities the opportunity to live life to its fullest. In her memory, our volunteers, board members and families advocate for legislation to ensure the health and well-being of all people with developmental disabilities. Hammer has adapted to change and changed with the times, always focused on meeting the needs of the people we serve. With support from staff, volunteers, donors, and families, the people who live in our homes, apartments, and In-home services are given the opportunity live their lives to the fullest.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.00
- Minnetonka, MN, USA