Custodian II OSU - Thompson OSD M-F 2:00pm to 10:30pm
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
- Maintain a consistently high standard in performing custodial duties.
- Maintain cleanliness in general office and common areas: entrance glass and doors, water fountains, elevators, stairwells, and furniture.
- Empty trash cans and change liners.
- Clean floors using dust mops, wet mops, and vacuum cleaners.
- Disinfect and clean restrooms, including all equipment and fixtures. Refill paper towels, toilet paper, and soap.
- Adhere to uniform standards specific to location assigned.
- Adhere to Company Safety and PPE standards when job duties
Ancillary Job Functions
- Spot clean carpets as needed.
- Use floor scrub machine to clean tile floors as well as bathroom floors.
- Utilize all available cleaning tools and products to ensure a well-kept environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Ability to operate cleaning machines and equipment.
- Ability to follow routine multi-step instructions.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Exposed to potentially hazardous bodily fluids or chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles.
- May be exposed to extreme heat or cold in buildings or rooms that are not climate-controlled.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach, bend, balance, grasp and push for extended periods of time.
- Will perform repetitive wrist, hand and/or finger movement.
- Will move up and down from/to sitting position on the floor.
- Regularly lift and/or carry up to 10 pounds; heavier lifting is occasionally required.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and an essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- Custodial-OSU Thompson Library, 1858 Neil Ave, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America