Buyer/Accounts Payable Specialist
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Responsible for the purchasing of organizational equipment, supplies, and services. This
position is also responsible for processing all invoices, check requests, commercial card transactions, and other payable transactions into the accounting system in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with other Ohio Goodwill agencies to establish relationships in order to achieve vendor volume discounts for recurring purchases.
- Receive, examine and process requisitions; prepare bid specifications and other necessary documents related to the purchase of supplies, materials and equipment; prepare requisition or locates source of supply, and place orders with appropriate bidder(s).
- Compare costs and evaluate the quality and suitability of supplies, materials and equipment.
- Interview and correspond with vendors; keep informed of new products and market conditions and trends.
- Assist key employees across departments to determine purchasing needs and specifications.
- Maintain records on purchase price information and obtains quotations as needed.
- Identify and resolve discrepancies within invoices and purchase orders or service agreements.
- Manage the commercial card (“p-card”) program, including distribution of cards, establishing credit limits, training cardholders, following up on outstanding transactions, generating value added reports.
- Audit and process agency commercial and credit card invoices.
- Provide value added monthly reporting to management and assist with tracking of budgeted expenditures.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation, coding and approval
- prior to payment.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Monitor the accounts payable aging and ensure all invoices are processed in accordance with payment terms.
- Match invoices to checks,obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Assist in month end closing by providing PCARD and invoice in process reports.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates or technical degree desirable.
At least one year of experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1331 Edgehill Rd, Columbus, OH 43212, USA