Box Truck Driver - Paid Training, No CDL required
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
$$$300 Sign on Bonus$$$
Transport materials to and from locations; local routes as assign. $1.00 per hour boost in hourly pay after 6 months. Additional CDL training available.
Essential Job Functions
- Drive box truck to pick-up donations from residential and Goodwill locations.
- Deliver salvage items from the retail stores to the warehouse.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Provide a high level of customer service to donors.
- Utilize knowledge of box truck driving regulations and delivery routes to comply with all transportation regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Perform warehouse duties as needed.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of driving experience preferred, but not required.
- Class B CDL preferred, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Knowledge of driving a commercial vehicle.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to operate logistics software on computer and tablet
- Ability to articulate Goodwill’s mission to donors.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Exposed to moderate to loud noise levels.
- Subjected to hazardous traffic conditions and varying, inclement outdoor weather conditions.
- Exposed to mechanical oils and fumes.
- Will work near moving mechanical parts and in potentially dangerous physical situations.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to sit, stand, grasp, push, reach, and bend.
- Must be able to operate a box truck.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2675 Brice Rd, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068, USA