Cover Sergeant, Mon-Wed. 3pm to 11pm
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
New hires will be eligible for a $300 sign on bonus if you are in good standing at 60 days!
Maintain a secure environment for the client, visitors, and property by providing on-call coverage to assigned sites 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Cover security positions at all Goodwill sites where a security officer is needed for compliance.
- Control access to the site by ensuring proper identification of employees or visitors and prepare security logs.
- Monitor entrances and exits to the facility, either at guard station or by closed-circuit television, and act to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry.
- Make periodic walking tours of buildings and grounds to check doors, windows, and other entries to ensure they are properly secured.
- Report any observed irregularities, such as presence of unauthorized people, fire hazards, leaking pipes, unsecured entries, and faulty equipment in a timely manner.
Ancillary Job Functions
- Provide guidance and training to new officers. Give performance feedback to supervisor.
- Assist visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to facility and escort to a designated area.
- Prepare a shift activity report to disclose any activities and events that occurred on the shift.
- Report and/or respond to emergencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years experience in security or related field.
- Must have current, valid OH driver’s license and personal car insurance.
- Must maintain CPR, AED, First Aid, and Homeland Security certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Excellent observation and surveillance skills.
- Knowledge of computers to monitor camera systems and complete reports.
- Clear verbal communication skills and ability to give and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work as well as concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to use good judgment and think quickly and rationally in difficult or stressful situations.
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Exposed to moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to varying, inclement weather conditions and traffic conditions during outside tours.
Physical Abilities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination to work on computer, telephone, and related office equipment.
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at www.goodwillcolumbus.org
- Pay Type Hourly
- Custodial-Edgehill Headquarters, 1331 Edgehill Rd, Columbus, Ohio, United States of America