Field Technician II Compressed Air
The primary responsibility of this position is to independently perform a variety of routine, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnostic advance repairs on oil injected and oil-free air compressors.
- Perform diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors, determine possible causes for malfunctions, and perform repairs as suggested by diagnostics and assessment
- Perform preventative maintenance in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations (with regards to schedule and scope).
- Document the proper operating parameters of the compressor prior to and following preventative maintenance and repair test.
- Demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of Industrial and Oil-Free compressors.
- Monitor and test breathing air to ensure it meets specifications.
- Interpret technical and parts manuals to diagnose and repair equipment
- Identify and order appropriate parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
- Train and assist other Service Technicians.
- Provide technical support to other departments and personnel as required.
- Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times.
- Provide a high level of customer service, responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations.
- Develop rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
- Serve as an ambassador for the company, promoting the Gregory Poole culture and work ethics.
- Adhere to Lock Out Tag Out protocol.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete customer work order forms daily as well as service data reports, time cards, expense reports, and other job-related paperwork as required.
Must have a high school diploma or GED.
5 years of technical field service experience maintaining and repairing compressed air equipment all brands. Demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of Industrial and Oil-Free compressors. Possess strong mechanical and electrical skills as well as good understanding of single and three phase power. CFC Certified refrigeration experience a plus. Experience on other associated equipment to compressed air systems is a plus (i.e. dryers, electrical equipment, etc.)
Must be self-directed and have excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and problem-solving skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; Can work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to interface with customers (both internal & external) effectively and courteously
Heavy lifting required. Must be able to work extended hours when required; Available for 24-hour emergency calls on a rotating basis. Weekend work may also be required. Occasional overnight travel may be required on short notice.
Must be able to daily operate an assigned service vehicle as well as be prequalified to operate under GPEC Fleet Policy Standards. The driver must be able to operate their assigned vehicle for extended periods in order to reach customer's locations. Must be able to effectively communicate using telephones to receive instructions and to provide service information. Must be able to effectively deal directly with customers at site locations in a professional manner.
Field activities require a valid state driver's license (obtain within 30 days of hire a valid license within the state of GPEC's operation) AND possess a safe driving record which meets the safe driving standards outlined in the GPEC Fleet Policy. Operation of some vehicles will require a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL), others may require that the driver possess a DOT medical certification. Some positions may require that you obtain a DOT medical certification before you are considered for the position. All positions that require driving for company business or within a Company Owned Vehicle will be held to the standards of the GPEC Fleet Policy.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3201 Integrity Dr, Garner, NC 27529, USA