0002 - ENGINEERING - DRAFTER
Job Title: Drafter /
Reports To: Engineering Manager
This position is responsible for assisting in the development of production shop tickets, shop drawing details and the assembly of drawings for architectural precast concrete systems using Revit (BIM). Additional responsibilities include producing erection drawings, production tickets, and hardware drawings, working with Senior Drafters to detail drawings and assembly for precast architectural concrete products to ensure product is built to specifications; and interacting with Engineers, Sales, Production, and QC to ensure product requirements are met.
Required Skills / Abilities:
· Drafting experience and the ability to illustrate and dimension drawings of assemblies as required
· Experience using Autodesk products including Autocad and Revit BIM (previous Revit experience is a plus and desired)
· Willingness to learn and adapt to Gate standards as needed
· Willingness and ability to work as a team player
· Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
· Ability to read construction plans, be highly detail oriented with good written/verbal skills
· Experience in similar concrete related industry desired.
If interested, please reply. We can only consider candidates that present us with a detailed work history and will reply to those that most closely match the requirement of the position. Resumes will be reviewed upon submission with interviewing starting shortly after as position is available immediately.
Work Environment: Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as work boots, work gloves, respirator (if applicable) safety glasses, and hearing protection. This is an indoor work environment: Exposure to heat, humidity, cold, wind, sand and dust.
Education & Experience: High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. On-the-job training offered. Precast/construction experience preferred, but not required.
Benefits: Gate Precast offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick time, regular holidays and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Gate Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, October 18, 2021
- 2440 S Alabama Ave, Monroeville, AL 36460, USA