About us: Gate Precast Company is one of the nation's largest producers of architectural precast concrete, pre-stressed hollow core slabs, transportation/infrastructure and marine components, operating eight manufacturing facilities located in North Carolina, Alabama, Atlanta, Tennessee, two in Florida and two in Texas. At these state-of-the art plants, architectural and structural concrete are designed, manufactured, delivered and installed to customers in over two-thirds of the United States.
Develop and implement HR strategies compliant with federal and state laws and aligned with GATE Precast's overall business goals. Carry out responsibilities in functional areas such as, staffing, employee relations, compensation, benefit program management, training, employment, and safety. Administers safety training, tracking of certifications and licenses, workers compensation reporting, and OSHA recordkeeping.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization's human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements
- Manage the hiring process including drafting and posting job openings, scheduling and assisting with interviews, consulting with supervisors on candidate selection and preparing offer letters.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including compensation, benefits, leave, disciplinary matters, disputes and investigations, performance and talent management, occupational safety and health matters, and the training and development of employees.
- Responsible for accurate and thorough employee information in personnel files and in HR software (Ceridian Dayforce) for active and terminated employees.
- Maintaining and reporting on workplace health and safety compliance including accident investigations, safety committee and weekly safety meetings.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations and investigations
- Handles benefit inquiries and annual Open Enrollment
- Implements new hire orientations and employee recognition programs to ensure a highly-motivated workforce to maintain morale and retention of our employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills to ensure good relationships with all employees and external contacts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate
- Proficient in the Microsoft office suite
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Safety, Business Admin or related field preferred, but not required.
- 2-5 years' HR & Safety experience in a manufacturing/construction setting preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- SHRM certification a plus
- Familiar with Ceridian Dayforce HCM preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15lbs at times
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facility (plant/yard) while wearing the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as hardhat, safety glasses, steel toe work boots, hi-vis vest and hearing protection.
BENEFITS: Gate Precast offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick time, regular holidays and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Gate Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.
GATE Precast is a drug-free workplace.
- Pay Type Salary
- 810 Sawdust Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744, USA