Come join our TEAM in Kissimmee, FL!
- Assists crane operator in the movement of panels, hardware, production beds or other materials and equipment in the day-to-day production process.
- Uses rigging devices for the transportation, storage, and shipping of precast panels.
- Hooks and unhooks lifting cables, ring clutches, and spreader bars.
- Guides crane and remains in constant communication via 2-way radio with the crane operator at all times. The Groundsperson (Rigger) must remain alert as they guide the crane around blindspots.
- Place dunnage used to store panels in racks or on tractor-trailers for shipping.
- Maintains good housekeeping at all times in
- Performs additional duties as requested or required
- Groundperson (Rigger) for crane operations are responsible for rigging/attaching finished products and various other materials to be transported by crane. Groundmen (Rigger) assignments require significant walking (over 60 acres) over uneven surfaces and frequent climbing with and without ladders and platforms.
- Responsible for signaling the crane operator during panel lifting and placement.
- Constant and continual standing and walking to and from all parts of the 60 acre work site.
- Works close by and is exposed to moving construction vehicles such as gantry cranes, forklifts, front end loaders, tractor trailers, various yard trucks and buggies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, respirators (if required), and hearing protection. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust. Works close by and exposed to moving construction vehicles such as forklifts, front-end loaders, cranes and tractor-trailers. Works close by and exposed to machinery such as welding machines, vibrators, stressing jacks, and concrete mixers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. On-the- job training offered. Precast/construction experience preferred, but not required.
BENEFITS: GATE Precast offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick time, regular holidays and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: GATE Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 810 Sawdust Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744, USA