BATCH PLANT OPERATOR
Batch Plant Operator reports to the Production Supervisor.
GATE is looking for a batch plant operator for Brand New, State of the Art concrete batch plant.
Mix concrete per job specifications for daily production and ensure all batches are color tested for acceptance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Color test each batch of concrete to ensure that range is acceptable.
2. Maintain and clean all working areas of the mixer between color changes.
3. Weigh pigment for all batches prior to production starting each day.
4. Clean out of mixer at the end of each shift and between breaks. Work area and floor are to be cleaned at the end of each shift.
1. Maintain equipment in batch area. ( i.e. scales, motherboards, electrical equipment.)
2. Clean and maintain conveyer, and weight hopper areas.
3. Maintain cement silos and assist in measurements for inventory.
4. Assist in scale calibration when required by quality system.
5. Assist in pad production when required.
· Indoor environment – dusty
· Frequent exposure to cement based materials
· Frequently exposed to machine noise
· Frequently exposed to cement and aggregate dust.
· Some exposure to weather conditions when cleaning conveyer system.
· High School education preferred.
· Some experience around concrete batching equipment preferred.
· Basic communication skills. (written and oral)
· Basic team skills
· Basic planning / organization skills
· Basic computer skills a plus
· Ability to follow complex instruction
Gate Precast offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick time, regular holidays and more.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other duties. GATE Precast has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: GATE Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.
GATE Precast is a drug-free workplace.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1 Bluegrass Dr, Ashland City, TN 37015, USA