The forklift operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the forklift over rough terrain and other duties in our steel shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Operate the forklift in a safe and apprioprate manner on a rough terrain
- Unload and stack materials by raising and lowering lifting device
- Position forks, lifting platform, or other lifting devices under, over, or around loaded pallets, boxes or loose materials.
- Move levers, shift gears, depress pedals, and maneuver steering wheel to operate forklift
- Perform daily safety inspections of the forklift (pre-operational inspections).
- Assists steel shop with other duties such as: palletizing materials, loading and unloading trucks, painting, organizing materials and other related assignments as requested or required by steel shop supervisor.
- Work as a team player within department while maintaining good communication with coworkers and supervisor.
- Promote and adhere to the company's safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings
- Work in a safe manner at all times
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Constant and continual
medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Forklift experience required; forklift certification preferred
- Precast/construction experience preferred, but not required.
BENEFITS: Gate Precast offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick time, regular holidays and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Gate Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 810 Sawdust Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744, USA