PRECAST PRODUCT - PURCHASING AGENT
About us: Gate Precast Company is one of the nation's largest producers of architectural precast concrete, pre-stressed hollow core slabs, transportation/infrastructure and marine components, operating eight manufacturing facilities At these state-of-the art plants, architectural and structural
concrete are designed, manufactured, delivered and installed to customers in over two-thirds of the United States.
This position is responsible for ordering/purchasing/receiving construction materials/tools/supplies and maintaining inventory at the Oxford, NC Plant to meet GATE Precast's business goals. Additional responsibilities are receiving in materials, unloading trucks, overseeing operations in the Tool Room, and issuing reports as required.
· Experience in purchasing construction materials/tools (hand tools, skill saws,
air tools, etc.)
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Experience using forklift to unload trucks preferred
· Clean driving record
· General knowledge of construction tools (hand tools, skill saws, air tools, etc.) · Good work ethic, eager to learn
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years experience purchasing construction materials/tools required.
· Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment as required (6” leather lace up
boots, hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, work gloves, etc.)
· Use Company Truck to pick up items from local vendors.
· Some assembly work required (furniture, shelving, etc.)
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis, standing, walking, kneeling,
bending, reach, climb stairs, squat, grasp, and twist for extended periods.
BENEFITS: Gate Precast offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick time, regular holidays and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITYEMPLOYER: Gate Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.
GATE Precast is a drug-free workplace.
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, January 17, 2022
- 3800 Oxford Loop Rd, Oxford, NC 27565, USA