QUALITY CONTROL TECH
Come join our award-winning team! GATE Precast is looking for a QC Inspector at our Kissimmee, FL facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs quality control inspections, checks and tests during the pre-pour, post-pour, and final inspections prior to shipping product for both the structural and architectural concrete products.
· Inform QC Manager of non-conforming product, equipment, or test results
· Maintain proper documentation according to PCI & Gate Precast standards.
· The ability to read, understand, and interpret blueprints, production drawings, measure accurately using a tape measure and certify that finished product is in conformance with project requirements.
· Must be able to use a wide variety of tools, including but not limited to: lab oven, lab scales, slump cone, air meter, thermometer, tape measure, sieve analysis, and hydrometer.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office.
· Must have a solid math aptitude.
· Must demonstrate a positive work attitude by working cooperatively at all times with coworkers, supervisors, customers and vendors.
· Maintains good housekeeping and follows Gate Precast safety policies and procedures at all times.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
· Performs additional duties as requested or required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, walk, must be able to use various hand tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, respirators (if required), and hearing protection.
This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust.
Works close by and exposed to moving construction vehicles such as forklifts, front-end loaders, cranes and tractor-trailers. Works close by and exposed to machinery such as welding machines, vibrators, stressing jacks, and concrete mixers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent required. ACI or PCI certified preferred. Understanding of a manufacturing environment desired.
BENEFITS: Gate Precast offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), educational expense reimbursement, daily pay, employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick time, regular holidays and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Gate Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 810 Sawdust Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744, USA