ENGINEERING - DRAFTER
Job Title: Drafter / Detailer Department: Engineering
Reports To: Engineering Manager
This position is responsible for assisting in the development of production shop tickets, shop drawing details and the assembly of drawings for architectural precast concrete systems using Revit (BIM). Additional responsibilities include producing erection drawings, production tickets, and hardware drawings, working with Senior Drafters to detail drawings and assembly for precast architectural concrete products to ensure product is built to specifications; and interacting with Engineers, Sales, Production, and QC to ensure product requirements are met.
Required Skills / Abilities:
* Drafting experience and the ability to illustrate and dimension drawings of assemblies as required
* Experience using Autodesk products including Autocad and Revit BIM (previous Revit experience is a plus and desired)
* Willingness to learn and adapt to Gate standards as needed
* Willingness and ability to work as a team player * Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
* Ability to read construction plans, be highly detail oriented with good written/verbal skills
* Experience in similar concrete related industry desired.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Some standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, bending, reaching, climbing stairs, squatting, grasping, and twisting.
* Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety vests.
* Mainly an office position; but will require some time outdoors and in production environment: exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand and dust is possible.
- Job Family PRECAST ENGINEERING
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3800 Oxford Loop Rd, Oxford, NC 27565, USA