Production Set-Up Laborer
Position summary: Assist in the production of precast panel products and forms by performing a variety of duties. Candidates will perform an array of tasks such as housekeeping, following safety requirements, building molds, setting up rebar cages, concrete labor, moving materials throughout the facility.
General purpose: Responsible for assembling custom designed production forms to blueprint specifications.
· Previous work experience in building construction preferred but not required
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
Essential Skills and Responsibilities:
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers
· Ability to make mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately
· Ability to detect and reconcile discrepancies
· Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Read production drawings/blueprints and construct wooden or steel forms and block outs with close tolerance to specifications
· Must have clear knowledge of basic measurements and the ability to read a tape measure within 16th of an inch
· Must be able to use a wide variety of tools, including but not limited to: staple gun, brad nailer, hammer, measuring tape, pneumatic nail gun, pneumatic palm sanders, burke bar, wrenches, impact drills, and circular saws
· Maintain good housekeeping and follow Gate Precast safety policies and procedures at all times
· Perform additional duties as requested or required
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an Employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers. The employee is required to stand, sit, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment with exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand and dust.
Benefits: Gate Precast offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package including: Medical/Dental/Vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick time, regular paid holidays and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Gate Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state and local equal opportunity laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, August 4, 2021
- Monroeville, AL 36460, USA