BATCH PLANT OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR
Operates 10 and 15 ton overhead cranes in the plant to move materials, transport concrete dispensing buckets, pour concrete from concrete dispensing buckets and assist the batch plant crew.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inspect all overhead cranes before use at the beginning of each shift, check crane limit switches and fill out checklist for each crane.
• Safely transport rebar cages, building materials and full buckets of concrete while maintaining a safe distance from other employees and self
• Remove overburden “scrap blocks” as excessive concrete is hardened
• Keep concrete buckets washed out, clean and oiled
• Keep batch plant floor clean
• Assist Batch Plant Crew with washing out mixers between pours
• Assist Batch Plant Crew with correctly weighing, marking and transporting bags of pigment for the upcoming mixes for the day by wheelbarrow or hand carry
• Indoor environment some limited outdoor
• Moderate exposure to machine noise
• Frequently exposed to washout water splatter and moving overhead loads
• Must be aware of locations and travel directions of other overhead cranes that may be in close travel proximity as not to hit or impact with other cranes
• Some lifting of various weights from 5-50lbs
• High school education preferred
• Experience with cranes or machinery a plus. Will train completely for each crane.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by management to perform other duties. Gate Precast has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment.
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1 Bluegrass Dr, Ashland City, TN 37015, USA