JOB TITLE: Carpenter
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports to: Production Supervisor
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assembling custom designed production forms to blueprint specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads production drawings/blueprints and construct wooden forms and block outs with close tolerance to specifications
- Must have clear knowledge of basic measurements and the ability to read a tape measure within 16th of an inch.
- Must be able to use a wide variety of tools, including but not limited to: staple gun, brad nailer, hammer, measuring tape, pneumatic nail gun, pneumatic palm sander, and circular saws.
- Maintains good housekeeping and follows Gate Precast safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Performs additional duties as requested or required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, twist, walk, must be able to use various hand tools
or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on elevated surfaces; and stoop, kneel, squat, crouch or crawl. The noise level in the work
environment is usually loud. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Constant and continual medium to heavy manual, physical labor is required for this position.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as work boots, hard hats, work gloves, safety glasses, and hearing protection. This is an indoor/outdoor work environment: Exposure to sun, heat, humidity, cold, wind, light rain, sand, and dust.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required. On-the-job training offered. Precast/construction experience preferred,
but not required.
BENEFITS: Gate Precast offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical, dental, vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401K with company match, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, paid vacation and sick time, regular holidays and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Gate Precast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status, consistent with federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws.
- Job Family PRECAST PLANT
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1 Bluegrass Dr, Ashland City, TN 37015, USA