Editor – Deals (Thursday - Monday Shift)
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Editor – Deals (Thursday - Monday Shift)
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a professional editor experienced in quick-turnaround journalism to join us as a full-time employee covering sales and discounted products that we love. Our mission is to help people buy the best stuff on sale. We do this by providing our audience informative, enjoyable, and genuinely useful content.
This position requires three to five years of editing experience, as well as a strong background in writing and fact-checking. Previous experience with affiliate links is a plus. This is a salaried role working 40 hours per week, with a standard Thursday-Monday shift. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of speedy content production and a strong commitment to journalistic ethics, as well as a proven track record of making data-driven content decisions.
Please note that this role will require weekend work as well as attendance on certain holidays for big tentpole sales, including but not limited to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Amazon Prime Day.
Applicants should possess a knack for deal hunting and an appreciation for smart service journalism. You’ll be part of a rapidly growing team that’s responsible for shaping daily content that enriches people’s lives. You’ll also have a chance to share your work across the USA TODAY Network—and beyond.
Reviewed is one of the most influential sources on the internet when it comes to reviews of products like appliances, consumer technology, lifestyle products, and more. You’ll become a key contributor to this team of talented individuals.
The Editor role reports to the Managing Editor of Deals. We are open to remote employees, but staffers are also able to work out of our (truly awesome) labs in Cambridge, MA.
- Assign and edit multiple articles per week from staff writers or freelance writers.
- Write articles when needed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Produce work in the appropriate CMS with the proper formatting, image selection, and affiliate links.
- Spot and pitch relevant, timely articles within the vertical.
- Work within your team’s editorial workflow to guide stories from pitch to publication in a timely manner.
- Help to strategize and assign content as needed.
- When necessary, recruit and manage freelance writers.
- Perform price checks and comparisons for deals.
- Be available to work weekends, holidays and major sale dates, including but not limited to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Amazon Prime Day.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ of relevant editing experience.
- Experience writing high-quality, rapid-turnaround editorial content.
- Ability to quickly edit stories in a clear and succinct manner.
- An understanding of readers’ needs, shopping habits, and budget constraints.
- A basic understanding of consumer search trends and shopping habits.
- Basic photo-editing skills and experience with programs like PhotoShop or Canva
- Basic SEO knowledge
- A basic understanding of prices and percentages and comfortability with numbers.
- Experience with affiliate networks, like Amazon Affiliates, Skimlinks, Impact Radius, Trackonomics, or others is a major plus.
- An understanding of journalistic ethics and commitment to upholding high ethical standards.
- Competitive drive to be a leading editorial voice.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
3. Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
Office work takes place in an open-floor-plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. Regardless of whether you’re onsite or remote, you’ll be expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication (whether in-person or over video calls), email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 150 million monthly unique visitors.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Editors of Frontline Journalists
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Cambridge, MA, USA
- Massachusetts, USA