Senior Full-Stack Rails Developer
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Senior Full-Stack Rails Developer
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a talented Ruby on Rails developer to join us as we extend our unique homegrown publishing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user base.
We have gone beyond traditional publishing platforms to build a dynamic application to help consumers find the best purchasing options on the products we recommend. The right candidate will help to make this platform better.
We live by our mission: To help people buy the best stuff and get the most out of the stuff they own. Our recommendations and advice are trusted by millions because we put in the hard work, with rigorous testing and helpful, shareable stories that speak to a mass audience.
You may work remotely or in our editorial office in Cambridge, MA. This position reports to the VP of Product at Reviewed.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, data science, engineering, MIS or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of mentorship and technical leadership.
- Proven expertise with Ruby on Rails development, developing well-tested and organized applications.
- Excited about optimization, performance and scaling to deliver great content to millions of users.
- Interest in crafting excellent user experiences, both for the reader and for the publishing teams.
- Excellent communication skills. We communicate constantly via chat and video about ideas, issues, and to help each other out.
- A desire to be part of a small team where your opinions, ideas, and creativity are valued
- Real-world web development with Ruby on Rails.
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch.
- Test-driven development using Rspec, Minitest or similar.
- Basic git usage and git-flow workflow.
- Deployment and management of applications on Heroku and AWS-based infrastructure.
- Service-oriented architectures and API design and integrations.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
1. Your resume – one to two pages.
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
Most of the work takes place in an open floor plan office, with several smaller meeting rooms and test labs throughout the building. You’re expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 173 million monthly unique visitors.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Development & Engineering
- Job Function Product
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cambridge, MA, USA
- Massachusetts, USA