Financial Accounting Analyst
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Financial Accounting Analyst is responsible for providing relevant, accurate and timely financial analysis and guidance in support of the Financial Shared Services–Advertising leadership as well as our local business units. The Financial Accounting Analyst provides direct support that includes but is not limited to, monthly and quarterly review of the GL reported revenue, preparation of journal entries and variance analyses of reported revenue and year end closings. The Financial Accounting Analyst also ensures adherence to internal controls and other compliance requirements, including review of proposed rate programs and contracts for alignment with company and industry standard policies, and multiple element analysis of proposed and reported revenue. The Financial Accounting Analyst is responsible for accurate and timely analytical reports, communication of financial performance to members of the leadership team and delivering strong customer service to both the Finance leadership and the business units.
· Develops relationships and provides support to Finance Leadership and staff at business units.
· Performs detailed reviews of actual revenue results and investigates variances to expected results, prepares required journal entries and provides explanations.
· Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls.
· Performs detailed reviews of proposed rate programs and contracts for compliance with company revenue recognition policies.
·Provides information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
· Assists with the development and implementation of standardized analytical tools and reporting as well as ad hoc reporting when needed.
· Works with other Revenue Recognition team members and leadership team on various projects as assigned.
·Works to identify areas for improvement, form solutions, and implement process improvements.
·Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
·Financial analysis and compliance acumen
·Passion for results
·Strong communication at all levels
·Support multiple customers simultaneously
·Teamwork and team leadership
· Business degree in Accounting/Finance with 2+ years of accounting and financial analysis experience or comparable work experience
· Strong Excel skills
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
· Experience in a consolidated financial environment
·Demonstrated customer service
·Big picture perspective and ability to manage vision but also the ability to perform the detailed assignments as needed
·Knowledge of BPC a plus
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Financial Analysis
- Job Function Finance & Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Tallahassee, FL, USA