Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
The Press Manager is responsible for all pressroom operational, administrative and financial functions to ensure efficient press operations to achieve & maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety. May include weekend, evening, early morning, late night or holiday shifts around loud production equipment. Work a flexible schedule as needed based on business need.
Responsible for overall department financial performance including collaborating with Production Director on annual budget preparation including monthly/quarterly financial performance (expense and revenue estimates) and reporting compliance.
· Responsible for overall quality, efficiency and timeliness of the press and newsprint operations.
· Responsible for oversight of pressroom/department staff including hiring, scheduling, training, performance, employee relations, employee development and ensuring that company policies/practices are adhered to.
· Serve as a liaison between departments to promote, guide and implement ideas and solutions to ensure that customer service standards are achieved.
· Responsible for collaborating with Production Director on capital project development & execution.
· Accountable to ensure equipment maintenance and repair is completed timely to avoid disruption of production.
· Responsible for supply inventory and purchasing.
· Must be able to handle personnel and administrative functions
Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in leading safety compliance within the department including accident investigations and follow up.
· Report work related injuries to insurance carrier.
· Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
Immediately report any operational concerns, potential safety hazards and all accidents/injuries
· Provide timely & accurate reports and information to the operations team and management.
· Responsible for communication regarding equipment repairs and/or consumable materials.
· Respond to customers via phone and e-mail correspondence to resolve subscriber issues.
· Minimum five years’ management experience in a print environment
· Five to seven years’ previous experience operating similar equipment
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations required.
· English language fluency: Speaking, reading & writing
· Proven leadership experience required.
· Proven above average verbal & written communication skills
· Proven excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced deadline driver environment
· Financial acumen
· Mechanical aptitude
· Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Office
· Basic understanding of computer technology and electronics
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Printing/Press
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Salary
- Savannah, GA, USA