Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Tennessean, an award-winning newspaper and the largest media site in Tennessee, is seeking an investigative reporter to uncover wrongdoing, to highlight inequities and to produce impactful work that makes a difference for the people we serve.
This investigative reporter will approach stories with a desire to illustrate how people are impacted by what is reported and what changes are needed to benefit society. This reporter must be able to produce a mix of quick-turn investigative stories and long-term projects.
The ideal candidate is an aggressive reporter with a deep curiosity and unrelenting commitment to get to the bottom of an issue, hold individuals and institutions accountable, and identify better ways to address the problem.
We want a reporter who is comfortable working in a team environment, digging into documents, jumping in on breaking news, pursuing deep-dive pieces; and gathering multimedia components to help tell the stories.
This reporter will collaborate on group projects as well as take on individual reporting efforts.
- 5+ years of reporting, with investigative or enterprise experience, at a daily newspaper or equivalent media.
- Digital storytelling skills, including video and data a must.
- Adept at using social media to tell stories, engage readers, and cover breaking news.
- Commitment to develop and maintain sources; ability to meet deadlines, take initiative, receive constructive feedback and work as part of a team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and multiple stories in a fast-paced environment.
- A valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
When applying, please include a brief cover letter and portfolio/clips/links to samples of your work.
- Job Family Frontline Journalists
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Tennessee, USA