Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Tennessean is looking for a photojournalist with solid video skills to join our award-winning team in Nashville. The ideal candidate will be an experienced hand at breaking news, sports and in-depth project work. We are looking for someone with at least five years of experience in daily journalism. The Tennessean is part of Gannett's USA Today network. The network reaches 140 million people each month. We pride ourselves on telling diverse stories with a diverse staff.
• Still and video production
• Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro
• Organizational skills
• Adobe Photoshop and Photo Mechanic
• Bachelor's degree
• Communication skills
• Create and develop multimedia for use in all news departments;
• Work independently, as well as part of a team to plan, conceptualize and complete projects;
• Assist with or lead video shoots, set-up and prepare equipment, record and conduct interviews, interact professionally and comfortably with subjects;
• Assist with or lead project edits, edit recorded footage, provided content, audio and music. Tasks including selecting program format for final output, reviewing and clipping media, organizing media, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sound effects, media management and archiving project media;
Skills and Experience
• At least 5 years of experience in daily photojournalism
• Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and willingness to travel as needed;
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects) and Microsoft Office;
• Excellent time management skills;
• Able to think creatively, strategically and operationally;
- Job Family Photography & Video
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Tennessee, USA