SEM Manager, Digital Marketing
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
WordStream is a Gannett subsidiary. WordStream Managed Services is an award winning, innovative, full-service digital advertising agency. We provide full, hands-on, digital ad account management services for higher spending clients within the SMB space.
Our ideal SEM Manager candidate will have 5+ years of experience directly managing Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, and Facebook Ads accounts. Additionally, our ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience managing a team of direct reports. As the SEM Manager our ideal candidate will oversee a portfolio of client accounts. He/she will coach and mentor a team of paid search and paid social experts. He/she will provide strategic insights and solutions to help our customers meet their digital marketing objectives. Additionally, our ideal candidate will report to and assist the Department Director in meeting and exceeding department goals.
- Oversee a portfolio of client accounts, including proactively managing key client relationships, keeping track of client account performance, joining client calls, and facilitating quarterly business reviews
- Assign client accounts and delegate tasks to a team of direct reports
- Coach and mentor a team of direct reports.
- Provide strategic insights, guidance and structured feedback to improve account management, campaign performance and client communication
- Troubleshoot ad account performance issues and find new, innovative solutions to meet the changing needs of our customers
- Assist with client upselling, client onboarding and client retention
- Assist with new team member hiring, onboarding and training
- Build a strong, positive and collaborative work culture
- Manage workflow and CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Assist with documentation of processes, procedures, and best practices
- Contribute towards achievement of team goals including Net Revenue Retention, CSAT surveys, and portfolio growth
- 5+ years of experience directly managing Google Ads, Microsoft Ads and/or Facebook Ads accounts.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of direct reports
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Data Studio and similar data analytics and reporting tools
- Digital Marketing agency experience or equivalent in-house experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economics, Business, or similar field
- Client Relationship Management: Demonstrated expertise in meeting client expectations and helping clients achieve business goals
- Leadership: Accessible, approachable, and a positive role model who embraces change and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and regularly with direct reports and clients
- Organization: Manage time effectively and thrive under pressure. Ensure flawless delivery to internal and external stakeholders
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to go beyond identifying challenges and ability to provide logical solutions
- Analytical Thinking: Capable of interpreting data, recognizing trends and making recommendations to improve team and client account performance
- Business Acumen: Work with Director, Managed Services towards retention and growth of team portfolio
- Unlimited MTO (Managed Time Off)
- 401K match
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Fun and collaborative work culture with strong focus on career development
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Client Solutions
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Salary
- Boston, MA, USA
- Connecticut, USA
- Maryland, USA
- McLean, VA, USA
- New Jersey, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- Rhode Island, USA
- Rochester, NY, USA
- South Carolina, USA
- Washington, DC, USA