Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
- Effectively market Erie Times News/GoErie.com as part of the community.
- Play a lead role in company events marketing, including coordinating with corporate Gannett teams for staffing, promotion, tickets and venue when appropriate.
- Handle all employee events, contests and giveaways.
- Facilitate promotional ads (in-paper, digital and social) for events & programs including ad creation and ordering.
- Participate in administration of Erie Times News social media accounts.
- Work with corporate Gannett to assist with client promotion sales materials, cost estimates and creative implementation.
- Serve as primary contact as appropriate with promotional partners and trade agreements.
- Work as cross-departmental committees as appropriate with other internal departments such as News, Advertising and Finance to help meet company goals.
- Work with Ad Director and/or sales to create appropriate sales materials and proposals for client meetings.
- Coordinate special sections with Ad Director and Special Section Coordinator to create sales materials, promotion with house ads and audience promotional materials. Monitor and report on special section sales and profitability.
- Submit and follow through all necessary financial approvals.
- Assist salespeople with order entry, ad copy submission and proofing.
- Assist Ad Director as necessary with administrative type duties.
- Ability to learn multiple technologies and systems to manage print and digital orders and campaigns.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint with strong computer skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Thrives under pressure and can multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Embraces change with a natural curiosity to learn new products and processes.
- Self-directed, open to coaching, and willing to work with others toward a common goal.
- Accessible and approachable with clients, peers, leadership, and other internal partners.
- Awareness of and respectful of differences in others, & willingness to contribute to building a positive culture.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Outside Sales
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Erie, PA, USA