The Data Analyst II is responsible for compiling data for numerous reports for key stakeholders. This person will need to be able to extract and manipulate data from many different sources and produce meaningful and actionable reporting. Additionally, this position will act as front line for data integrity and attention to detail is essential.
A successful candidate must show initiative and have a self-starter mentality while using a structured, analytical approach to problem solving, always on the lookout for process improvement opportunities. This candidate must show the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. This position will work as part of a nationwide team to provide analytic insights and build/run reporting on key data across all Gannett sites. This position is fully remote.
- Work closely with partners across the Organization to compile, consolidate, and analyze data to support decision-making and presentations.
- Develop effective means to gather and consolidate data to ensure weekly reporting is on time.
- QA both raw data and finished reporting to identify and/or troubleshoot any integrity issues. Must have an eye for identifying trends and spotting problems without know what problems to look for.
- Communicate effectively and can clearly summarize and present findings to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (i.e. Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting)
- 2+ years of experience in analytics, data analysis and reporting
- Ability to convert findings in actionable recommendations and effectively communicate to others.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, VBA and advanced IF statements)
- Ability to work with remotely, independently and via tele-conference with team members to achieve group goals is key.
- Strong desire for continuous improvement in how work and processes are done.
- Must be able to manipulate large amounts of data from disparate sources and ensure accuracy and integrity of numbers.
- Experience working with a sales team is a plus.
- Job Family Data Analytics
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- 130 S Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46225, USA
- Asheville, NC, USA
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Dallas, TX, USA
- Fort Myers, FL, USA
- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Louisville, KY, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Plano, TX, USA
- Shreveport, LA, USA
- Tallahassee, FL, USA
- Texas, USA
- Tucson, AZ, USA