Associate Manager, Accounting
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Associate Manager, Accounting
Gannett is seeking an Associate Manager of Financial Reporting to be responsible for the monthly close and consolidation process and the timely and accurate preparation and filing of Gannett’s SEC filing requirements. The successful candidate will regularly interact with management, professional service providers and various functions within the organization. The position is based in McLean, VA and reports to the Manager of Financial Reporting.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Preparation of journal entries in connection with month-end close and consolidation process
- Preparation and review of consolidated financial statements in connection with month-end close and consolidation process
- Preparation and review of various financial statement variance analytics in connection with month and quarter end close processes
- Key involvements in the timely and accurate preparation and filing of Gannett’s quarterly and annual reports on SEC Forms 10-K and 10-Q, including the preparation and review of the financial statements, footnotes, and XBRL tagging in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations
- Timely and accurate production and/or review of other SEC filings and/or investor communications, including press releases, investor materials, registration statements, proxy statements, etc.
- Optimization of the entire reporting process including compression of the financial close and reporting processes
- Research and analysis of accounting treatment on various transactions and reporting requirements
- Maintaining and monitoring department compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures
- Supporting ad hoc financial information requests and analyses
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Minimum of four years of accounting experience, including “Big 4” and / or financial reporting experience with SEC filers
- CPA preferred
- Technical accounting skills, including knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SEC Rules & Regulations, and Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and written communication skills, organizational savvy, strong initiative and the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexibility, team-oriented focus and strong leadership skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel
- System experience with Workiva, Infor and BPC preferred but not required
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Financial Analysis
- Job Function Finance & Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Boston, MA, USA
- Connecticut, USA
- Florida, USA
- Manhattan, New York, NY, USA
- Maryland, USA
- McLean, VA, USA
- New Jersey, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- North Carolina, USA
- Pennsylvania, USA
- Rochester, NY, USA
- South Carolina, USA
- Virginia, USA
- Washington, DC, USA
- West Virginia, USA