Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of Packaging components and equipment which
support Production (both Daily and Sunday Packaging) and the Company, and to work on projects
which improve product quality, reliability, safety, and reduce costs.
* Strong mechanical aptitude required.
* Technical schooling in mechanical/maintenance practices and/or equivalent technical experience.
* Experience in a production environment preferred.
* Able to work day or night shifts.
* Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and positive attitude.
* Support The Providence Journal-Bulletin’s philosophy and policies.
* Support the needs of the Packaging Maintenance Department, production and The Providence Journal-Bulletin.
* Working knowledge of mechanics, packaging equipment maintenance and operation, and safety.
* Capable of reading mechanical drawings and documents.
* Knowledge of trouble-shooting, preventative maintenance, inventory, and production and quality programs.
* Able to work on various types of equipment, and in a production environment.
* Able to handle diverse responsibilities.
* Ability to continuously improve the efficiencies and effectiveness of the Packaging Maintenance Department.
* Ability for problem-solving, and handling and sorting information effectively.
* Able to work and communicate with Journal and non-Journal personnel in a professional and effective manner.
* Able to identify and implement necessary changes.
* Able to maintain a calm composure during adversity.
Work Habits/ Behaviors:
* Work well in team and production environment.
* Demonstrate a professional and dependable work ethic.
* Support cross-training and working towards departmental and Company goals.
* Perform tasks and assignments in a timely fashion.
* Be self-motivated and accountable for your actions.
* Strive for improved efficiencies, quality, technical knowledge and continual progress.
Key Criteria for Success:
* Ability to keep up with and implement new technology to improve effectiveness and efficiencies.
* Ability to observe the Company’s policies.
* Ability to implement the department functions to meet the needs of production and the Company.
* Ability to be pro-active to production needs and departmental needs.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Facilities
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Hourly
- Providence, RI, USA