Manufacturing Support Manager
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
MANUFACTURING SUPPORT MANAGER
Gannett Publishing Services
WE ARE OFFERING A SIGN ON BONUS OF $1500
The Manufacturing Support Manager is responsible for the direct oversight of production facility equipment maintenance functions and staff including machinists, electricians, and technicians.
The Manufacturing Support Manager utilizes resources to provide advanced mechanical, electrical, data & programmable logic support to maintain, diagnose and repair all production related equipment & systems.
Responsible for the direct oversight of all production equipment support functions.
Accountable for team performance to achieve & maintain standard operating procedures, on-time performance including product quality and accuracy standards, waste goals and operational safety including OSHA & EPA compliance.
· Responsible for strategic planning objectives including business continuity and asset management
· Responsible for overall department financial performance including working with general manager on annual budget preparation including monthly/quarterly financial performance (expense and revenue estimates) and reporting compliance
· Oversight of technical staff including hiring, scheduling, training, performance, employee relations, employee development and ensuring that company policies/practices are adhered to.
· Responsible for equipment licensing and permits
· Responsible for supply inventory and purchasing
· Responsible for collaborating with GM on capital project development & execution
· Responsible for interacting with outside contractors and vendors.
Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in leading safety compliance within the department including accident investigations and follow up.
· Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
· Report work related injuries to insurance carrier.
· Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
· Immediately report any operational concerns, potential safety hazards and all accidents/injuries and near misses to the general manager.
- Provide timely & accurate reports and information to the local operations team management.
- Immediately notify General Manager of any potential hard-down equipment failures or serious equipment damage
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associate or Bachelor engineering degree preferred or comparable experience.
- Certified facility management training required (vocational school, military, trade). Journeyman level machinist/electrician certification preferred.
- Minimum five to ten years related experience in production/manufacturing facility maintenance, diagnostics & repair required.
- Two to four years’ experience in a management/leadership role required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including E-mail, Excel, and Word
- Good abilities with use of hand and power tools
- Multi-meter /Forklift
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Facilities
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbia, MO, USA