Training and Recruiting Supervisor
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Training and Recruiting Supervisor
The Gannett CSC in Louisville has an immediate opening for a Training and Recruiting Supervisor position. At Gannett we are passionate about the communities we serve. We have one mission to ensure our award-winning products are paired with unmatched delivery and foster deep and vital connections among our communities and the world around them.
The Training and Recruiting Supervisor will provide full scope support through recruitment, on-boarding and training for all Inbound Retention Specialists. The Training and Recruiting Supervisor will be responsible for an engaging and effective facilitation of training in a remote and in person setting.
The Training and Recruiting Supervisor is responsible to identify training needs and develop material structured to enhance individual and organizational success. This will include providing feedback and ongoing coaching/mentoring of all team members to ensure the professionalism, efficiency and positivity necessary to provide excellent care for all our customers.
- Partnering with New Hire Onboarding and HR to assist in achieving staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates, representing company in career days and other recruiting efforts.
- Responsible for the regular review and analysis of successful team members to determine the most appropriate candidate and sourcing platform.
- Facilitation of effective training and on-boarding of new Inbound Retention Specialists in a remote and in person setting. Responsibilities include monitoring and coaching of CSRs to ensure delivery of an excellent experience
- Designing and delivering professional multi-level induction programs for new employees as well as ongoing training for existing team members.
- Manage attrition through a high level of engagement with team members to create a positive work experience.
- Successfully provide creative training solutions, coaching and feedback to Retention Specialists who need reinforcement in particular skill-set areas to achieve performance goals as they relate to sales and service.
- Amending and revising training programs as necessary, to adapt and champion changes occurring in the work environment.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the products and services supported by the Customer Service team
- Lead by example by answering calls as scheduled and demonstrating constant professionalism with internal and external customers. Follow-up with subscribers to ensure resolution of concern or request in a timely, professional manner.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma required; some college preferred.
- Minimum of one year of demonstrated recruitment and training experience.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong communication, presentation, coaching and negotiation skills.
- Excellent sales, organizational, communication and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Ability to prepare deliverables and reports accurately and within time deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously.
- Detail oriented and able to react to change productively.
- Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer background check.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Consumer Marketing & Sales
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Kentucky, USA
- Louisville, KY, USA