Data Intelligence Analyst - Sports Gaming
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Data Intelligence Analyst, Sports Gaming will serve as a key influencer and champion for the use and management of information and analytics to drive and measure the strategy and execution of Gannett’s sports betting, fantasy and free-to-play sports products. This position will effectively manage information from a variety of sources, as well as work with third party partners to surface product insights and recommendations to drive both advertising/affiliate revenue, as well as subscription growth.
The Sports Gaming analyst position sits on the Data Intelligence (DI) team, and will work directly with the VP, Product Management of Sports Gaming and they define and deliver a new product and revenue vision for the future of sports gaming and betting, connecting that experience to the rest of Gannett’s sports ecosystem. This position will work daily with the greater DI team (inclusive of Market Research. Testing, Marketing Analytics and Product Intelligence) – as well as be a partner with Product Engineering, UX Design, Acquisition Marketing, and Editorial to deliver actional reporting and insights to drive the Sports gaming products forward.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with senior Product and Marketing leadership to enable the vision and delivery of a data-informed product and acquisition strategy
- Leverage data and insights to identify and launch future growth opportunities, potential market launches, gaming and betting products, new growth audience segments
- Aid in design, measurement, evaluation, and recommendations of A/B testing around new product ideas or approaches
- Partner closely with the Sports Product Squad that focuses on Sports Content Subscription growth
- Monitor and report on gaming product performance against critical metrics aligned to Gannett Sports and Gaming’s ' broader business goals
- Consult with key decision makers on their business and product goals and recommend meaningful metrics and KPI’s to ensure that analyses remain actionable and responsive to specific business needs. Inform them of business trends and performance related to their line of business.
- Translate your data insights into features or strategic recommendations, partnering with business stakeholders such as UX, Design, Research etc.
- Manage and leveraging large and complex data sets
- Work within and collaborate with a team of digital analysts on joint analyses and presentations as needed.
- Communicate analytical findings and reports in a simple way with advanced presentation/visualization “story telling” capabilities
- 5-7 years in data analytics, or business/data intelligence roles. Product analytics/organization work preferred.
- Experience with Adobe or Google Analytics
- Experience analyzing and reporting on both revenue and audience data
- Knowledge and experience in collecting data from various data sources and validating, combining, structuring, storing, distributing, analyzing, and reporting data and trends
- Practical ability to translate data points into trends and insights that are meaningful for stakeholders and executive management in meeting their goals, and measuring the performance of their products/business
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze data, decipher trends, and develop and explain the story behind the numbers
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of an organization
- Expert communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, technologists, and able to lead and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, very collaborative and environment
- Highly driven self-starter, motivated, and detail oriented
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Business Intelligence
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- McLean, VA, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- New York, USA
- Virginia, USA
- Washington, DC, USA