Manager - Customer Data Platform & Marketing Data
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett is hiring a Manager, Customer Data Platform and Marketing Data who will be responsible for rolling out new marketing data platforms, digital analytics tools ensuring data quality and governance for marketing/consumer data and its democratization across B2C (digital, print), B2B and events business.
This individual is detail-oriented, self-driven and motivated and works with internal stakeholders from marketing, product and data to educate and inform on various use cases of data to drive business goals through optimal use of tools and platforms in the marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for contributing the vision of unified marketing data, building and executing on the roadmap in collaboration with various teams in marketing, product, IT and data.
• Responsible for implementation, day to day operation and continuous evolution of customer data platform
• Drive integration of data platforms and data quality within the marketing tech stack
• Lead the development of effective tagging strategies across web and mobile to enable quality data and reporting
• Lead vendor and technology selection and integration strategy, coordination with development/IT team to assimilate selected technologies into the Gannett marketecture; across DMPs/DSPs, CRM, Consumer Insights & Analytics platforms, content management and delivery engines as consumers of this data
• Drive adoption of marketing data platforms across the organization through workshops and demos
• Develop strategies to improve efficiency of data and reporting related work streams in marketing
• Define, deploy and/or optimize tools such as web analytics, product analytics, mobile app analytics, tag managers, deep linking and attribution tools in collaboration with product and data organization
• Key participant as the custodian of data in the various migration projects as well as own the enablement and planning of data streams for the various migration initiatives
• Key contributor in the democratization of first part consumer data, campaign data and marketing attribution
• Collecting and analyzing feedback from our customers and key stakeholders to build out requirements
• Building deep customer and market understanding by working with external and internal stakeholders
• Empowering teams to solve customer problems without constrained thinking and with a platform mindset
• Lead data standardization and governance efforts for marketing data
• Actively drive data driven improvements to outcomes of campaigns / marketing actions
• Actively prioritize work aligned to OKRs
• Help establish and re-enforce data-informed culture
• Facilitating communication across the organization
• Manage vendor relationships
• Participate proactively in developing and maintaining standards, tools, and best practices.
• 5-7 years of experience working with data and analytics platforms/tools in particular CDP, product analytics, GA, Tag Managers, deep linking and attribution tools
• Experience implementing modern customer data platforms like segment, mparticle, treasure data, simon data, lytics etc.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Experience handling both big data as well as data harmonization across known and anonymous consumer data as well as 1st party, 2nd party and 3rd party data mastering
• Strong experience across media, content, data platforms as well as system integrations
• Strong experience in 3rd party data sources like Epsillon, Acxiom and others as well as in consumer segmentation, look-a-like modeling
• Strong understanding of CRM, Marketing Automation, Multi-Channel Reporting, Analytics and Dashboarding platforms
• Strong communication and time-management skills
• Excellent presentation skills - including experience presenting to senior management
• Results oriented, energetic and focused with a strong desire to learn and succeed
• You will have leadership experience, top-notch organizational skills, a “can-do” work ethic, and the ability to connect with employees at all levels
• Extraordinary project management skills with strong attention to detail, and a shown ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Development & Engineering
- Job Function Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- McLean, VA, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- New York, USA
- Virginia, USA
- Washington, DC, USA