Project Manager - Marketing Technology
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Project Manager- Marketing Technology
Gannett is hiring a Project Manager – Marketing Technology, who will be responsible for managing complex cross-functional marketing technology initiatives supporting growth and retention activities. The role requires a strong ability to partner with multiple internal stakeholders across Product, Data and Marketing leaders as well as external partners/affiliates to drive the deployment of new marketing technology and data platforms as per the marketing technology roadmap and enabling their optimal use.
· Collaborate with cross-functional, dispersed teams to identify resources, define delivery timelines and effectively communicate project status
· Assist in the definition/development of roadmap when working with Partners. Understands overall business strategy and translates complex technical concepts into actionable plans and goals.
· Plan, prioritize and manage project scope, resources and budget
· Work closely with internal and external stakeholders, including any third parties to gather and define business requirements.
· Collaborate with stakeholders on delivery/timelines and resources required for timely completion of initiatives
· Participate actively in marketing technology team meetings to understand team goals as well as upcoming challenges and help prioritize initiatives
· Proactively maintains and manages project status updates using tools such Airtable/Confluence, etc.
· Communicate with marketing technology team management, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues and status
· Participate proactively in developing and maintaining standards, tools, and best practices.
· 7-10 years of experience - in project management preferably managing marketing technology initiatives
· Bachelor's Degree required in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline or equivalent experience
· Understanding of software development lifecycles (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative)
· Consistent track record of leading strategic projects combined with the ability to tactically execute project level activities and tasks
· Experience planning, managing, and delivering small to large projects (often at the same time), and sometimes under daily timeframes
· Strong communication and time-management skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Excellent presentation skills - including experience presenting to senior management
· Flexibility, resourcefulness, and attention to detail is a requirement
· Results oriented, energetic and focused with a strong desire to learn and succeed
· You will have leadership experience, top-notch organizational skills, a “can-do” work ethic, and the ability to connect with employees at all levels
· Extraordinary project management skills with strong attention to detail, and a shown ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Program & Project Management
- Job Function General Administration
- Pay Type Salary
- Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA
- Dickson, TN, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- McLean, VA, USA
- Memphis, TN, USA
- Milwaukee, WI, USA
- New York, NY, USA
- Tallahassee, FL, USA
- Tucson, AZ, USA
- Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA