Material Handling / Fork Truck Operator
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Material Handling / Fork Truck Operator
Gannett Publishing Services
We have an opening in the Gannett Corporation for a highly motivated individual at our Wilmington regional print facility.
This position will offer a minimum of $16 per hour based on work-related experience.
The Material Handling Operator is assigned to perform warehouse and/or production support operational functions to support efficient production operations to achieve and maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety.
Warehouse/Material Handling Tasks
- Comply with all facility material handling Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.s)
- Gather samples, weigh and log incoming preprints according to receiving policies and procedures.
- Comply with pre-print security policies and procedures.
- First-in/First-out newsprint inventory rotation
- Communicate with press, packaging and distribution to verify work center warehouse support needs
- Drive and set-up Forklift and/or clamp truck, including routine inspection & maintenance.
- Set up and basic operation of dock doors and fixtures; fork and clamp trucks, pallet jacks, compactors, and scales
- Load, unload, inspect and stage newsprint, preprints, supplies and other materials
- Document and report all preprint transit or handling damage to packaging management
- Document and report all newsprint roll transit or handling damage to press management
- Deliver, stage and prepare newsprint rolls as required
- Assist with waste newsprint recovery & recycling
- Assist with pallet organization
- Distribution dock support.
- Assist with inventory, reports & web portal data entry as required
- General warehouse maintenance including equipment blowdown, preventive maintenance, sweeping floors, pallet organization, and materials disposal.
Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs:Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
Immediately reportany potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to press management and supervisors.
- Provide timely and accurate reports and information to the operations team and warehouse management
- Immediately report equipment issues to management
- Communicate scheduling needs to management and supervisors
- Communicate newsprint and preprint issues to operations management
Education/Certification Requirements: High school diploma or GED equivalent
Experience Required or Preferred:Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Previous print operation or industrial material handling support experience.
- Minimum two years of experience operating similar equipment.
Specialized Knowledge Required or Preferred
- MSDS/hazardous materials training.
- Multi-level vertical storage stacking and staging.
- Powered industrial truck operation
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Hourly
- Wilmington, DE, USA