Pre Press Technician
Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and
marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With
an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives
of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and
benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Hutchison News is seeking a Pre-Press Technician to electronically produce news and advertising pages for all publications including commercial printing.
- Build electronic news and ad pages using provided desktop publishing equipment.
- Merge electronic ads with electronic news items to create a complete electronic page.
- Send electronic files to postscript output device, ensuring all electronic files are intact and printable.
- Preflight (check files before printing) all files sent from other network users to ensure printability.
- Tone photographs for advertising and news pages for reproduction on the press.
- Communication with other departments as well as with commercial customers to ensure that electronic files will reproduce without problems on the press.
- High school graduate with strong computer graphics background.
- Strong knowledge of PC and Macintosh operating systems, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop experience. Must have problem solving, communication and analytical skills and work well with others.
- Must work accurately in a fast-paced environment, have ability to work with others on deadline and in a critical environment, and ability to learn new tasks.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family GateHouse Media
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hutchinson, KS, USA