Digital Producer I
The Gannett Digital Team is looking for an innovative, digital journalist to join our talented team. The digital producer role manages the on-time and accurate delivery of top-quality content produced by multiple newsrooms, with an emphasis on article optimization, social and SEO. The role works with digital team leadership, editors, reporters and visual journalists to best display content on all digital platforms, using sound judgment and creativity. The successful candidate will be a team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. They will understand the constantly changing news cycle and the need to be flexible. This role may include early morning, night and/or weekend work.
Typical job duties:
• Interacts with multiple newsrooms’ managers across the region and Network to best display the content created by our newsrooms in order to reach the right audience.
• Enhances content with video, galleries, SEO meta-data, hyperlinks and images.
• Optimizes, aggregates and packages assets for digital publication.
• Writes effective digital headlines, briefs and breaking news alerts that help attract audiences.
• Writes engaging social posts that attract audiences and encourage readers to interact with social content.
• Uses metrics to monitor real-time data, determine traffic patterns and make changes tied to the data. Familiarity with Parse.ly and analytics products a plus.
• Able to capture a trending search opportunity through repackaging of original content or aggregating social reaction to a developing story.
• Provides packaging and presentation across all platforms, including mobile and other social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Reddit.
• Manages home pages to engage a loyal audience.
• Able to spot and fix issues related to grammar, spelling, punctuation and style. Notifies newsroom editors if there are content issues.
• Manages workflow to meet digital deadlines.
• Stays calm under pressure and throughout big news events.
• Provides great customer service, working collaboratively to find solutions.
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's in a related field such as communications or media or the equivalent in experience.
• Previous experience in news industry is preferred.
• Strong news judgment
• Knowledge of AP style
• SEO knowledge
• Headline-writing skills
• Excellent communication skills
This job may be remote or based in one of our locations and does not require relocation.
Interested and qualified candidates, please apply here and upload your materials combined into one single document with as much of the following as possible: your updated resume, a brief cover letter explaining your interest and fit for the position, and your portfolio/clips/links to a few samples of your work. **It's important that these items be combined into a single document attachment/upload (preferably in PDF format). The application will only allow one document upload. Completing these steps will ensure that you receive the highest consideration.
- Job Family Copy, Production & Planning
- Job Function Consumer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Des Moines, IA, USA
- Fort Myers, FL, USA
- Louisville, KY, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
- Washington, DC, USA