Clinical Education Manager Greater China
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Responsible and accountable for overseeing the Clinical Education Specialists in the Greater China region with a broader remit of Hong Kong and Taiwan region. Supporting their efforts to educate and build customer relationships ensuring the safe and effective use of our products in order to improve patient outcomes. The position involves the development of educational materials, analysis of training results, and other initiatives related to product development and release. Working closely with both the Director, International Clinical Education, and the Vice President of Greater China/ South East Asia and Commercial Excellence International to set up and create new standards across the Greater China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan region.
The role will be part of the GrChina leadership team.
Strategic Role Responsibilities
- Maintain consistent communication with management on all matters related to the region.
- Drive collaboration and maintain consistent, open lines of communication with all CES’s.
- Attend and assist in working major conventions and commercial meetings as determined by management which may include regional, national, or international travel.
- Manage regional associated administrative tasks and responsibilities (i.e. expenses, education materials, etc.)
- Provide clinical support and input in all phases of continued development and enhancements of products including defining customer needs, translating needs to requirements, and identifying key features for new products.
- Work directly with product managers, sales, and other groups to coordinate and assist with product development and clinical validations
Education Program Enhancement/Development
- Participate on cross-functional teams and projects including but not limited to product development, written and online education documentation and continuous learning initiatives.
- Stay current on best practices, as well as relevant scientific clinical literature and new product information.
- Assist in designing, developing and optimizing clinical education programs and documentation.
Operational Role Responsibilities
- Work in conjunction with sales and marketing teams to properly identify, prioritize targets, and achieve corporate, regional, and territory goals and objectives.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best methods of communication for existing and future products and indications that will meet the needs of the current customer base and allow expansion into new markets.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
- Develop and maintain luminary and key account relationships.
- Train and support existing and, when necessary, new customers.
- Understand customer needs and develop a targeted customer education strategy.
- Understand scientific facts and package them into a cohesive communication model for customers.
- Coordinate and manage education sessions to ensure the delivery of successful programs, in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage account resets and report status to manager.
- Responsible for rectifying issues relative to clinical product performance and customer satisfaction for investigation and possible escalation.
People & Leadership Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Manage all aspects of assigned region to include but not limited to recruiting, training, and overseeing the Clinical Education Specialists in the region.
- Coordinate with the Dispatch Associate, when necessary, to find coverage within the region and assist in regional booking processes to provide seamless planning.
- Lead and or assist in trainings for new employees during the onboarding process at corporate.
- Communicate with your team to effectively and efficiently triage accounts to determine additional clinical, marketing or sales needs and provide direct clinical support, as needed.
- Educate regional team on clinical updates from corporate.
- Partner with other Regional Clinical Managers globally to develop consistency in processes and competencies.
- Create comradery and transparency within region amongst all field functions.
- Develop and implement communication strategies within the region to optimize team management.
- Approve Clinical Education Specialists expense reports and travel.
- Track and report Clinical Education Specialists utilization.
- Coordinate the dispatch of Clinical Partners and track utilization.
- Track and report PAC key utilization.
- Provide H1 support to Clinical Education Specialists.
- Conduct bi-annual reviews for all team members.
- Support the clinical education utilization of the London Experience Center
- People management experience is essential
- Greater China people management experience required
- Ability to speak English is essential
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with laser and energy-based systems required.
- Experience in developing education materials and conducting education preferred.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must have the ability to work independently, as well as in a team, in a very fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web tools.
- Must be knowledgeable in delivering technical educational programs and in using a variety of education modalities including web based.
- Strong technical expertise and mechanical ability.
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation.
- Possess a positive, proactive approach to solving clinical issues or technical problems
- Portray professional appearance and behavior.
- Develop and maintain supportive, productive, and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Possess ability to build strong relationships with customers and be responsive to their needs.
- Continually seek opportunities to innovate and improve the product experience.
- Embrace opportunity to continuously learn, grow and work in a team environment.
- Maintain professional and clinical continuing education, licensure, and credentials. (where applicable)
- Develop and grow mutually beneficial customer relationships including, but not limited to physicians, nurses, technicians, practice administrators and other office staff
- Prioritize and appropriately respond to requests in a high-stress environment.
- Maintain composure and problem-solving focus during stressful interactions
- Thrive in a highly competitive environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage own time effectively
- Ability to be flexible and manage revolving priorities
- Open communication
Qualifications (Select the minimum qualifications required for this position to successfully achieve business requirements)
☒Bachelor’s degree required
☐Master’s degree required
☒Education and experience combination:
☒Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to three (3) years of experience
☒Master’s degree is equivalent to four (4) years of experience
- Specific Area of Study:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in nursing, education, life Sciences, or another related field.
☒8 to 10 years relevant experience
☐10+ years relevant experience
Specific Related Experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the medical device industry in a clinical or education position, or other related area is required.
- Experience in Medical Aesthetics preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory position.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☐Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- ☐Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- ☐Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- ☐Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- ☐Potential Exposure to blood.
- ☐Other (please specify)
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Clinical
- Job Function Clinical Education
- Pay Type Salary
- Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China