Clinical Education Specialist, Texas
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
The Clinical Education Specialist is a field-based role responsible for training customers on the safe and effective use of Cynosure devices. This role requires significant clinical experience with laser and energy-based systems. The Clinical Education Specialist will provide expert clinical training on site and virtually to all members of the clinical staff. The Clinical Education Specialist must maintain education requirements and demonstrate device competencies, as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
· Provide clinical education and support to new and existing customers in designated region. Travel may be required outside of the region as needed.
- Conduct in-person training sessions and virtual training sessions for customers.
- Partner with the practice to understand customer needs and develop a targeted customer education strategy.
- Coordinate and manage education sessions to ensure the delivery of successful programs, in a cost-effective manner.
- Investigate and solve issues related to clinical product performance. Escalate customer satisfaction issues when they arise.
- Understand customer needs and develop customer focused education strategy to achieve optimal clinical outcomes
- Manage clinical education needs of customers and business in regional territory
· Support Clinical Support Line as needed
- Maintain consistent communication with the Regional Manager on all matters related to the region. Partner closely with sales and marketing on all customer touchpoints.
- Attend and assist in working major conventions and commercial meetings as determined by management which may include regional, national, or international travel.
- Manage regional associated administrative tasks and responsibilities (i.e. expenses, travel planning, education materials, etc.)
- Provide clinical support cross regionally when required.
- Provide clinical support and input in all phases of new and continued development and enhancements of Cynosure product lines including defining customer needs, translating needs to requirements, and identifying key features for new products.
- Work directly with product managers, sales, and other groups to coordinate and assist with product development and clinical validations
- Participate on cross-functional teams and projects including but not limited to product development, written and online education documentation and continuous learning initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with sales and marketing teams to properly identify, prioritize targets, and achieve corporate, regional, and territory goals and objectives.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best methods of communication for existing and future products and indications that will meet the needs of the current customer base and allow expansion into new markets.
- Stay current on treatment best practices, as well as relevant scientific clinical literature and new product information.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☐ Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☐ Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☐ Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 50 pounds
- ☐ Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- ☐ Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- ☐ Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- ☐ Potential Exposure to blood.
- ☐ Other (please specify): Travel up to 75%
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in nursing, education, life sciences, or related field. RN, LPN, NP, PA, Aesthetician, Laser Technician or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the medical device industry in a clinical or education position.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with laser and energy-based systems.
· Experience in developing education materials and conducting education preferred.
· Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Must have the ability to work independently, as well as in a team, in a very fast paced environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web tools.
· Must be knowledgeable in delivering technical educational programs and in using a variety of education modalities including web based.
· Strong technical expertise and mechanical ability.
· Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation.
· Develop and maintain supportive, productive, and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
· Possess ability to build strong relationships with customers and be responsive to their needs.
· Ability to work independently and manage own time effectively
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Clinical
- Job Function Clinical Education
- Pay Type Salary
- Dallas, TX, USA