Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Responsible for the testing and documentation of the electrical systems to the component level. Will define and write electrical component specifications and verification testing for changes to existing product lines. Will develop engineering change order information to complete the approved changes using PLM/ERP tools. Must work within project timelines completing the selection, prototyping, testing and production release of the changes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Responsible for modifications to the design and implementation of circuit boards using analog, digital & power electronics circuits for medical lasers.
- Responsible for the component selection, electrical modifications and design verification of system level integration of electronic subsystems.
- Hands on experience of PCB design using OrCAD Capture for schematics and Allegro for PCB design, component placement, routing and guidelines. Altium experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of IEC/UL standards for medical device product design including compliance and product safety.
- Work with other engineers and technician(s) on project related testing and verification.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
- BSEE/BSEET preferred or ASEE with relative experience
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in a product support environment is required
- Product support experience of systems, sub-assemblies and circuit boards is required.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of electrical and electronics components is required
- Experience with power electronics and components for laser applications is preferred.
- Medical device or laser experience is not required although relevant experience is always a plus
- Must have competence in component level selection, documentation and production support with an emphasis on PCB design changes.
- Ability to maintain CAD proficiency and master current and new CAD systems.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing medical devices in an ISO and FDA regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience with PLM systems for changes and documentation is required, SAP experience preferred
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Takes responsibility for assigned projects, requirements and schedules.
- Works well with others, is thorough and demonstrates good judgment
- Inspire cooperation and success among the EE team.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒ Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒ Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☐ Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- ☒ Potential exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- ☒ Potential exposure to high voltage parts and/or shock.
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Engineering
- Job Function Electrical Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Cynosure Inc, 5 Carlisle Rd, Westford, Massachusetts, United States of America