Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Technical support of engineering in development of medical laser products. Performs complex technical assembly and testing tasks with optical, electronic, and mechanical systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Completes the assembly, and testing of prototype laser systems and subsystems.
- Responsible for data collection and data entry into MS Word or Excel
- Complete tasks using schematics, rough sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Develop the setup of test equipment and appropriate test parameters on new laser systems.
- Develop new and/or improved fixturing for assembly and test.
- Prepares documentation for engineering change orders for medical products.
- Analyze and summarize test results.
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
- Associate degree in Electronics or Laser technology preferred
- 5-8 years in electronics and/or optics manufacturing and testing. Preferably in lasers and optics.
- Competence with analog & digital electronics with an emphasis on system level troubleshooting. Competence with surface mount soldering and PCB rework is required.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic system troubleshooting techniques, to the component level.
- Expertise using electronic tools, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power meters, etc.
- Demonstrated competence with hand rework soldering of surface mount PCB’s including 0603 and 0402 components.
- Experience with precision opto-mechanical and/or electromechanical assemblies.
- Systems integration experience including analog, digital & power electronics circuits.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized, energetic, and disciplined.
- Works well independently and demonstrates good judgment. Must be self-motivated and possess good organizational and communication skills.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒ Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒ Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cynosure Inc, 5 Carlisle Rd, Westford, Massachusetts, United States of America