Sr Manufacturing Engineer
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Responsible for projects and to direct process support related to production of instruments. The position is expected to work independently and as part of a greater team, planning and implementing projects to support manufacturing including, but not limited to; equipment/material/process specification, validation, maintenance, and supply chain risk mitigation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Daily Engineering support/communication/coordination of instrument production
- Hands on Mechanical/Electrical Engineering skills.
- Assess, diagnose, and resolve electromechanical issues
- Read, write, train, and interpret instructions/specifications
- Use of basic process engineering data and statistics to evaluate/improve processes
- Develop, maintain, and process changes to manufacturing procedures, maintenance instructions, and specifications used in manufacturing
- Troubleshoot production issues and comply with Quality System requirements
- Lead and implement projects to reduce cost and supply chain risk, improve quality and instrument reliability
- Develop and execute validation plans for process and design changes
- Develop and execute test plans/ root cause troubleshooting analysis at product and process levels
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
- Bachelor’s degree (BSEE, BSME, or BSIE) preferred or equivalent professional work experience
- Minimum 7 years of instrument manufacturing engineering experience or equivalent, preferably medical device or other regulated industry.
- Product related experience within manufacturing operations preferred, including an increasing level of responsibility.
- Strong project management experience and Lean/Continuous improvement experience
- Excellent soft skills – interpersonal savvy, listening, organizing, planning, time management, Learning on the fly, execution, focus, approachability, independence and good judgment, positive attitude
- High energy
- Communication—must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms, and at all levels in the organization
- Familiarity with various advanced manufacturing process technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Teamwork - must be able to work effectively with fellow colleagues
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☒Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- ☐Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- ☐Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- ☐Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- ☐Potential Exposure to blood.
- ☐Other (please specify):
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Engineering
- Job Function Manufacturing Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Cynosure Inc, 5 Carlisle Rd, Westford, Massachusetts, United States of America