Educator Support Manager II
The Educator Support Manager is responsible for developing and guiding the Educator Support Manager Team, as well as the overall Substitute Department Field Staff in assisting and supporting them in their efforts to carry out their job responsibilities. The Educator Support Manager will work closely with all departments of DE to onboard Field Staff by providing orientation, professional development, coaching and mentoring. The Educator Support Manager is responsible for ensuring that all the Educator Manager team and DE Field Staff understand the functions, tasks and expected outcomes of their job performance.
· Provide Annual evaluations of the Educator Manager Support Team
· Evaluate Field Staff, as necessary, and make recommendations
· Schedule and facilitate coaching/1:1 meetings, with Educator Support Meeting team
· On an ongoing basis, evaluate the Educator Support Team process for coaching and management of field staff and update as necessary
· Ensuring educational activities are congruent with the DirectEd mission statement
· Providing an appropriate climate for learning, and facilitate the adult learning process by developing, planning, and presenting educational activities and directly or indirectly fostering the development of competence in the DirectEd Field staff
· Ensuring qualified candidates are hired and mentored, as needed
· Contributes to the strategy and initiatives of hiring for DirectEd Field Staff
· Contributes to engagement strategies for DE Field Staff
· Creates and facilitates professional development sessions and trainings
· Supervises and coaches DE field staff on a continual basis, including performance feedback
· Manages DirectEd Educator Career Placement process
· Directs recruitment events to represent DirectEd’s mission and vision
· Provides ongoing feedback to the Director on the educational programs and university info sessions
· Acting as consultant, the education manager will work with schools in understanding our Educator Career Placement services, as needed.
· And other duties as assigned
Must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Director Operations Senior
Approximately 5 direct reports
· 3 years in a management role
· 5 years of teaching experience in a K-12 setting)
· Skilled in managing a team, effectively
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Skilled at public speaking, delivering presentations and training groups of employees
· Demonstrated leadership and strategic planning skills
· Skilled with computers, presentation software, and Microsoft Office Suite
· Must display patience, good teaching skills and active listening skills
· Organized, detailed oriented, excellent follow through
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Ability to develop and manage a team of educator support managers to ensure the quality of field staff, Educator Career Placement services and Professional Development initiatives.
· Ability to strategically contribute to DE’s mission and vision and implement initiatives and processes that mission and vision.
· Knowledge in principles, practices, concepts, and procedures as applied to job classification.
· Knowledge of relevant content and appropriate methods of delivery and the ability to develop and facilitate relevant and effective education for adult learners.
· Has personal knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the following as well as has the knowledge, skills, and abilities to teach the following concepts:
o Knowledge of how to collect data in a systematic and ongoing manner, prioritizing data collection as determined by the educational needs of the work group and department.
o Knowledge of the culture and diversity of the population served.
o Identify and collaborate with educator support team to develop trainings to facilitate learners’ achievement of the educational objectives.
o Knowledge of effective instructional practice, Common Core State Standards, the lesson cycle and implementation of technology with the classroom to move instruction
· Identify and collaborate with educator colleagues to develop activities to facilitate learners’ achievement of the educational objectives.
· Skills to ensure planned educational activities are implemented and the knowledge to conduct comprehensive evaluations of all educational activities.
· Knowledge of adult learning principles.
· Ability to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with supervisors and subordinates
· Ability to perform a variety of specialized tasks, maintain records, and meet scheduled deadlines
· Ability to manage and provide leadership in complex situations
· Ability to efficiently manage high volume work and multiple tasks
· Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with all stakeholders, both individually and as a group
· Ability to effectively utilize computer technologies, such as email, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to work with a variety of learning abilities, including those with special needs and low skill level in a heterogeneously grouped classroom setting
· Analytical problem solver
• 3+ years’ experience hiring Special Education staff
• Experience working with Los Angeles charter schools
· Bachelor’s degree and Teaching credentials in a K-12 setting
· Or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Business Acumen: In-depth knowledge of the business, industry, external marketplace, and the ability to conceptually pull together patterns or connections that are not clearly related; ability to apply insight across a wide range of tactical to strategic issues in order to consistently identify and select the best course of action.
Building People Capability: Commitment to ensuring that the right people are in the right roles and that individual’s feel empowered and supported to reach their potential; provides coaching to foster the learning of their team members, and likewise plays an active role in acquiring, developing and retaining talent for the larger organization.
Strategic Agility: Eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverage a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity, and/or change; continually pushes oneself, their teams, and their businesses to learn, to generate new ideas, and (at times) to take needed risks to position the company favorably in the marketplace.
Integrity: Must be seen as a trustworthy leader by demonstrating consistency, honesty, and truthfulness or accuracy in your day to day actions.
Change Agent: Possess the ability to embrace change and build enthusiasm for change efforts amongst team members by promoting the value of the transformation that is being undertaken by the organization; formulating how the transformation will happen; guiding and supporting others through the transformation; and ensuring that the new processes, procedures, structures, etc., are implemented in ways that deliver the expected value that the organizational change was to produce.
Disciplined Execution: Orientation towards a process-focused, decisive course of action that will ensure client/customer needs are met with a high standard of excellence, urgency and predictability; focused on the task at hand in the face of ambiguity, and applies past experiences and expertise to consistently pull through results.
Organizational Collaboration: Ability to partner across organizational lines and work cooperatively within and outside one’s own team in order to best serve client needs and exceed the expectations of end customers and clients; actively supports key decisions and promote a spirit of teamwork to demonstrate the commitment to the company.
· Fast paced working environment; must be able to manage competing demands and change priorities with a positive attitude.
· Travel up to 10% of the time.
· Employees must possess comfort in learning, training, and engaging with others virtually through Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to perform the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and be a reasonable representation of its activities.
Cross Country Healthcare is an EEO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
- Job Family Education
- Job Function NMGR
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Thursday, July 1, 2021
- Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA