The Collections Analyst is responsible for the collection of all outstanding balances assigned. This includes, collecting to payment terms, minimizing balances more than 30 days past terms, addressing PO and billing issues, resolving unapplied cash and short payment timely, and maintaining overall Accounts Receivable balances at levels consistent with the company’s DSO target. The Collections Analyst will provide management with account status during the bi-weekly portfolio review, and escalate unpaid aged balances to ensure resolution prior to 90 days, thereby minimizing our bad debt reserve.
• Responsible for managing assigned accounts; all-encompassing of collection calls and/or correspondence in a fast-paced goal oriented Collections Department.
• Maintain records on account activity, as well as review accounts for unpaid amounts and determine what course of action to take based on a variety of factors such as age, amount of debt, and the customer’s history.
• Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts. Enlist the efforts of management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
• Communicate with customers on a timely basis, execute collection activities, research, reconcile and track daily/monthly AR balances for appropriate and timely resolution.
• Work in partnership with various internal departments such as Billing, Credit, Payroll and Cash Application teams to resolve collection issues and to achieve common goals and objectives.
• Initiate all verbal and written communication necessary to resolve collection problems on past due invoices.
• Submit customer refunds requests, prepare and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short/over payments.
• Recommend action to be taken on delinquent customer accounts.
• Update management biweekly on top issue past due customers within assigned portfolio.
• Ensure all credit balances on accounts are resolved and cleared within 120 days
• Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Collections Department.
Reports to Manager, Collections
• Minimum 2 year college degree preferred
• Minimum of 2-4 years of Accounts Receivable and/or Collections experience
• Microsoft Office experience required
• Strong knowledge of Excel a must (Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP)
• PeopleSoft Financials (or similar application)
• Staffing industry knowledge preferred
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
• Should have excellent communication and training skills.
• Must have excellent customer service skills at both the internal and external levels.
• Strong analytical sense with excellent attention to detail is necessary.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to utilize independent judgment
• Should be comfortable using and researching with multiple computer systems.
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines as new tasks are assigned and changes to other tasks occur.
• Must possess a high level of professionalism and flexibility in the performance of duties.
• Employees must possess comfort in learning, training, and engaging with others virtually through Microsoft Teams and Zoom
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Prepared by: Date:
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to perform the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and be a reasonable representation of its activities.
#CB #IND_1 #IND_2
- Job Family Shared Services
- Job Function NMGR
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boca Raton, FL, USA