Employee Health & Safety Manager - Fab-Tech, Inc.
Fab-Tech, Inc. in Colchester, Vermont, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning, 30+ years ago! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the leadership and oversight of all safety related business activities. Provide specific safety direction to manufacturing supervisors, leads and lead staff through in-direct supervision, coaching, training, and assistance in production areas as necessary; Review and assess manufacturing and operational performance; Sustain performance within a Lean production environment, maintain a continuous flow posture and promote continual improvement; Work collaboratively with other departments in the overall leadership of the company. This includes development of safety and health programs and objectives, and coordination of safety training programs. Monitors safety and health regulations and provides technical support to plant personnel to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the following.
- Oversee the Safety related domains of the Manufacturing Operations at all coated metal facilities.
- Ensure that safety is top priority; install a culture of safety first. Ensure monthly safety committee meetings and staff safety meetings are held.
- Reviews and revises written safety and health programs and policies.
- Identifies company safety training needs and develops and coordinates safety training programs.
- Develops annual company safety and health goals.
- Develop, monitor, and analyze Key Performance Indicators related to workplace safety and report on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Foster a culture of accountability, communication and employee engagement; reward staff for safe work practices.
- Continuously evaluate day-to-day activities, make recommendations for continuous improvement and oversee implementation.
- Provides technical safety and health support and information to company personnel.
- Maintains corporate safety library (e.g., videos, regulations, reference manuals).
- Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations. Monitors and communicates regulatory changes as they occur.
- Audits practices and records of manufacturing plants to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state occupational safety and health regulations.
- Monitors lost-time injuries/illnesses and worker’s compensation claims.
- Reviews plant safety committee meeting minutes and safety inspection reports and follows up as necessary.
- Reviews injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
- Ensure employee adherence to company policies and procedures. Apply the corporate discipline policy and coordinate with corporate HR where appropriate.
- Drives companywide safety training and education programming including new employee training
- Schedules and conducts safety meetings/huddles with site staff
- Drives investigation and closure of safety incidents with appropriate root cause analysis and corrective action implementation plans
- Effectively collaborates with Safety staff and teams from corporate entities.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
To perform the job successfully, this candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Safety and health oversight; work collaboratively with managers and supervisors in the management aspects of the company. This position will have no direct reports initially but this may change as we grow.
Education and Qualifications
- A minimum of 8 years of safety leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
- Strong knowledge of safety and health programs
- Knowledge of production control, staff plans, and budget management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean methods and continuous flow.
- Capability to gather and analyze data, identify trends, and draw conclusions from data
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience leading a safety and health program in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience setting performance expectations and maintaining accountability
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean methods, continuous flow, and a CI environment
- Proficiency with computer applications including MS Office programs
- Ability to read and interpret business periodicals, journals and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports and general business correspondence; present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups.
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills – report writing, business correspondence and procedures manuals
- Effectively present information and field questions in a thoughtful and professional manner
- Maintain a calm approach when faced with disagreement or differences of opinion
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with a keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Demonstrated ability to apply mathematical skills, interpret and analyze data and trends
- Ability to analyze trend data and apply logic reasoning in developing sound conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to extract key information in the course of decision-analysis
- Ability to apply trouble-shooting skills in a variety of production-related situations
- Standing, walking, and occasionally lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted)
- Characteristics include periodic noise (within safety limits) from manufacturing processes
- Safety glasses, Steel toe or Composite toe, Hearing Protection and other required protection must be worn when in the manufacturing area
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun: Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA