Maintenance Tech - Fab-Tech, Inc.
Fab-Tech, Inc. in Colchester, Vermont, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning, 30+ years ago! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - $1,500 after probationary period
Fab-Tech Inc is looking for a qualified Machine Maintenance Mechanic who is able to troubleshoot and repair production equipment, provide emergency repairs during production times and perform scheduled maintenance and repairs of production equipment. The qualified candidate will have a basic understanding of electrical controls, mechanics, pneumatics and hydraulics. The candidate must possess a basic working knowledge of mechanical schematics, drawings, and blueprints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and related work may be assigned as necessary.
- Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, electric motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment
- Safety inspections, eye wash, fire extinguisher, emergency lights, fork lift, hoist, and gfci.
- Down equipment repair can be anything in the shop. Pressure washer, ovens, sand blast, round area, it can be mechanical or electrical.
- Preventive maintenance, greasing equipment etc.
- Building maintenance, repairing toilets, snow removal, changing bulbs.
- Using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts, using hand tools and power tools. The candidate will be required to operate devices and machinery to test their operational performance.
- May be required to set up and operate lathe, milling machine, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Produce information for the necessary purchasing of parts needed for repairs.
- Repair of small hand tools and electrical equipment.
- A requirement exists to troubleshoot machine problems including mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulics and electrical systems.
To perform this job successfully, a combination of education and experience is required, in addition to a level of independent work habits that would allow the job to result in a clean and professional appearance of the building exterior and interior office areas and common areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimal 2 years of experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Basic Math Skills
- Speak and understand basic English and follow instructions
- Self-motivated and work independently without close supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Able to communicate verbally, and understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks effectively
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
Ability to apply advanced skills in root cause analysis and problem prevention, focusing on sources of problems and prevention by using a systematic approach that includes: a) gathering relevant information through specific questioning; b) pinpointing of causing by using facts; c) testing possible causes logically; d) identifying critical areas where problems could cause the most difficulty; and e) targeting potential problems in advance and developing actions for prevention. Must demonstrate the basic skills and logical thought process necessary to perform step by step troubleshooting, to include which tools/equipment to use, and communicating actions and re-actions to changes made. Must be able to follow manufacturers step-by-step troubleshooting charts determining proper or improper outputs or functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun: Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA