This position is with our company Diversified Fluid Solutions, which manufactures a variety of chemical blending and distribution equipment, provides technical expertise, and delivers flawless support to meet a diverse array of high purity chemical applications.
SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for managing and executing the procurement of materials to meet production requirements as well as coordinating activities with suppliers/vendors to include negotiating pricing, terms and delivery. Qualified candidates will have 1-3 years experience in purchasing and management of materials. Well qualified candidates will have experience in a manufacturing environment.
This position is an opportunity for the right candidate to grow and move vertically within our Supply Chain.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
- Review and analyze requisitions, inventory reports, and material replenishment reports. With that data initiate purchase orders in the ERP system for materials, consumables, equipment, and tooling to support manufacturing operations in accordance with company goals and initiatives.
- Maintain accurate perpetual inventory balances so that ERP system reports can be relied upon to initiate purchase requirements.
- Search for new low cost/high value suppliers; arrange for submission and inspection of sample products.
- Secure and analyze quotations; negotiate prices and terms with suppliers; and recommend suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Work closely with corporate accounting to reconcile invoices, review the unvouchered open purchase order report at month end, and resolve other month-end discrepancies.
- Review and resolve open purchase orders at month end.
- Coordinate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain of min and max levels for stocked material items.
- Maintain accurate item master information within the ERP system.
- Evaluate, enhance and utilize ERP reporting tools to improve purchasing and inventory controls.
- Advocate of ERP system to maximize functionality and information for end users, including training and support;
- Communicate and work effectively with all members of the inventory control/material handling and shipping departments in addition to other internal and external contacts.
- Continue to seek opportunities to improve the purchasing function and relationship within the manufacturing setting. Continually develop expertise to support growth for new projects.
SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret report data to make decisions on procuring components.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and communicate effectively with team members.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from small and large groups.
- Knowledge of bill of material construction and how they affect the company processes.
- Knowledge in inventory processes and procedures, and experience with material forecasting.
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills, strength in written and verbal communication and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to become a subject matter expert in ERP system. This includes the ability to obtain knowledge of system database and various inventory tables.
Education and/or experience
Post high school and/or Bachelor’s Degree in a business/ supply chain preferred. Will also consider prior experience in a procurement/buyer role in lieu of a degree.
Don’t live local to Boise, ID but been intrigued by what it has to offer? Relocation is always a possibility for the right candidate! Check out this information to get a better feel of the area:
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes medical (individual and family premiums shared between employer and employee), dental and vision coverage, HSA, Day Care reimbursement, matching 401(k), life insurance, disability, holiday and paid time off.
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- Boise, ID 83713, USA