Coating Inspector, PURE GUARD - Weekend (FRI-SUN)
This position is with our company Pure Guard, which manufactures a welded stainless steel exhaust duct system coated with our proprietary hybrid fluoropolymer PureGuard coating. Our combination of welded stainless substrate and proprietary PureGuard coating satisfied all testing requirements necessary to gain Factory Mutual standard 4922 approval for corrosive fume and smoke exhaust without sprinklers.
Pure Guard in Phoenix, Arizona, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - $1,500 / $2,000 after probationary period
An entry-level position in a production environment with no prior experience required. In this area the primary responsibility is to test all coated duct with 100% accuracy performing visual inspections, product repair, mil and spark testing per the Work Instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Under close supervision you’ll be introduced to a series of duties and responsibilities with increasing complexity to include but are not limited to the following:
- Visually inspect product for any defects.
- Use spark tester to identify any pinholes in coating.
- Use mil tester to read the thickness of coating.
- Use heat gun to heat product and add powder coating as needed to repair any defects.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all inspection procedures performed.
- Request re-works as needed.
- Enter product information into ERP system using barcode scanner and some data-entry.
- Comply with health, Safety (including OSHA), and environmental procedures, and ensure the cleanliness of the area.
- Work in a team environment.
- Continue to learn and expand one’s own capacity within this job by increasing knowledge and skill base.
- Perform various other assignments per lead person or supervisor direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Can speak and understand basic English with an emphasis on complying with: directions, fundamental shop safety procedures, and production standards
- Perform computations with basic math skills including adding and subtracting of whole numbers and fractions.
- Can accurately read a tape measure to 1/16”.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Previous experience in spray painting is a plus but not required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Entry-level position with training provided. No education or experience required
Ability to read and understand work instructions, technical documents, safety policies, company policies and procedures. Ability to complete written documentation. Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and superiors.
Ability to apply basic math skills including adding and subtracting whole numbers and fractions. Ability to accurately read a tape measure to 1/16".
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and use both hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires the use of protective clothing and equipment, including a respirator. This requires medical clearance (via a pulmonary function test) to use a respirator. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud and hearing and eye protection are mandatory.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun: Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1010 S 65th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85043, USA