Warehouse - Supervisor
We are in search of a Warehouse Supervisor to help lead our fulfillment operations team in Groveport, OH. You will support the daily warehouse operations process, providing leadership and coordination of key tasks.
Current schedule is Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, with some Saturdays as needed.
SUMMARY STATEMENT/POSITION OVERVIEW
Responsible for planning and directing workload assignments for a specific department or area in the Fulfillment Center. Leads team members to optimal performance achieving key performance metrics and goals, ensuring that all company policies/procedures are being followed, maintain customer focus.
- Oversee activity of the warehouse staff, including but not limited to: monitoring picking progress, put-away, material returns, timely handling, maintenance and control practices
- Responsible for cycle counting process and efficiency leading up to year-end inventory audit
- Coordinate picking activity to satisfy the production schedule
- Prepare work orders for handoff to production staff
- Coordinate the return of all material back into the warehouse
- Verify counts for accuracy
- Verify appropriate condition of stock
- Coordinate coverage during employees’ vacations
- Promote a safe work environment
- Ensure training of new employees, retraining of old (if required) and cross training to allow for a flexible workforce and opportunities for advancement
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the warehouse staff
- Maintain relevant procedures, processes and work instructions
- Issue warning notices to employees for violations of rules or company policies or performance deficiencies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by training employees and developing growth opportunities.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel in the use of 5S principles and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains throughput by monitoring steps of the process; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; facilitating root cause analysis activities to failures within the process and report findings.
SPECIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED or Associate’s Degree in Business Management
- Must have experience in warehousing
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Able to develop and implement the use of processes and procedures
- Able to use all relevant systems, programs, and equipment to complete job
- Must have Microsoft Computer skills.
- Ability to use SAP as it relates to production.
- Ability to demonstrate full understanding of production flow process
- Strong drive for results
Hollingsworth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Hollingsworth complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Hollingsworth expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hollingsworth Logistics Group's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
NOTICE: As of May 1, 2007, Hollingsworth prohibits the hiring of new employees who show the use of tobacco with the exception of employment in California and West Virginia.
- Job Family SUP
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education High School
- Groveport, OH, USA